Guam – The Chalan Pago-Ordot “Village News” is released by Village Mayor Jessy Gogue.
DISTRICT OF CHALAN PAGO – ORDOT: VILLAGE NEWS 06-27-2013
1. FREE ZUMBA CLASSES: Beginning Monday, July 1st , “Free” Zumba Classes will be held, regularly, every Mondays and Wednesdays, at the Chalan Pago Community Center from 8:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. For more information, please contact the Mayor’s Office. There will be no more Zumba Classes held on Sundays at the Community Center.
2. PUBLIC HEARING FOR REZONING: On Thursday, July 11th, at 6:00 p.m., a Public Hearing will be held at the Chalan Pago Community Center to present to the public plans to re-zone Lot 3219-4NEW-2NEW from “R-1” (Single Family Dwelling) to “C” (Commercial). This public hearing offers our Community and the general public an opportunity comment on the property owners proposal to use this lot for commercial purposes. The lot being proposed for rezoning is located along Route 10, just before Song Market.
3. MILITARY RETIREE ACTIVITIES OFFICE: If you are interested in getting regular “on-line” e-News updates pertaining to Military Retirees and their dependents, please contact the Retiree Activities Office (RAO) at 366-2574. The RAO publishes information they believe is pertinent to our Military Retirees and their families to include local notices such as the closure of the Commissaries on Mondays & Tuesdays due to sequestration. You can also request to be added to their e-News mailing list by sending an email to: Guam.RAO@us.af.mil
4. WOMEN VETERANS’ HOTLINE: The Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA) has implemented a Women Veterans hotline to help answer questions regarding VA Health Care services for female veterans. Current data reflects that Women Veterans have underutilized services available to them, often times due to a lack of knowledge regarding VA benefits and available services. If you know of female veteran in need of assistance, please encourage them to call: 1-855-VA-WOMEN (1-855-829-6636)
5. VILLAGE BURGLARIES: PLEASE SHARE THIS INFORMATION WITH YOUR NEIGHBORS, FAMILY, and FRIENDS living in Our Villages. We would also like to remind each of you to properly SECURE YOUR HOME at all times, to reduce the possibility of becoming a Victim of Crime. Finally, if you witness a crime being committed or you are a victim of a crime, please report this information to GPD, the Mayor’s Office, or Crime Stoppers. Our summary of reported burglaries/thefts over the past 4 weeks (May 30th – June 26th):
Judge Sablan Street (Ordot): 2
Route 4 (Near Chalan Pago Church): 2
Leo Palace Road (Ordot): 1
6. CRIME STOPPERS: You can remain anonymous when reporting a crime that you witness or that you have credible information on!!! Call the Crime Stoppers’ hotline number: 477-HELP (4357) or “477-HELP” on your Docomo Cell Phone. You can also report a crime tip, “on-line”, by going to the Guam Crime Stoppers website: http://guam.crimestoppersweb.com – This website will allow you to upload a photo of a crime you witness and should your tip lead to an arrest and conviction, you may be eligible to receive a REWARD of up to $1,000.00.
7. MT. CARMEL SCHOLARSHIPS: If you are getting ready to enter the 1st through the 8th grade for SY 2013 – 2014 and you are interested in attending the Mt. Carmel Catholic School, you may be eligible for a scholarship to help pay the tuition. Please call or email the Mayor regarding this scholarship opportunity. Note that this scholarship program is NOT available to current or returning Mt. Carmel School families.
8. REGISTER WITH THE MAYOR’S OFFICE: Although NOT a requirement under Guam Law, residents are encouraged to register their household with the Mayor’s Office. If you haven’t registered with our office in the past, the documents we will need from you include: a utility bill; lease agreement; photo I.D.s for each member in the household or a birth certificate for household members without a photo I.D. Registering with our office is especially important for those households caring for a person with a disability or caring for a person who may require “special assistance” in the event of an emergency OR natural disaster.
9. COMMUNITY CENTER BASKETBALL COURT: The backboards to our outdoor basketball court have been repaired. Village teams/groups wanting to reserve a time slot for practices must contact the Mayor’s Office for reservations and complete the required village forms. These reservations will give you priority in the use of our basketball court; otherwise, open time slots will be available to teams or individuals on a “first-come, first-served” basis.
10. MUAY THAI KICKBOXING FITNESS CLASS: Muay Thai Kickboxing classes are being held every Tuesday, Thursday, & Saturday at the Community Center. Please contact Brogan Walker at 929-0993 or the Mayor’s Office regarding the scheduled time for these classes.
11. GUAM SOLID WASTE AUTHORITY’S (GSWA) BULK WASTE REMOVAL PROGRAM. GSWA has the equipment and resources to pick-up white goods and other types of bulk items, to include beds, couches, and dressers at your residence, at no additional cost to GSWA customers. Non-GSWA Customers can arrange for this service for a fee of $25.00. Contact GSWA at 646-3111 to schedule a pick-up of your bulk waste. We ask that you take advantage of this program before calling the Mayor’s Office for assistance.
12. COURT & LEGAL NOTICES (POSTED AT THE MAYOR’S OFFICE):
CONTACT NUMBERS TO THE MAYOR’S OFFICE: 472-8302/8303 or 477-1333
Administrative Assistant: Julie Posadas
Municipal Clerk: Natasha Quitano
MAYOR’S EMAIL ADDRESS: firstname.lastname@example.org or 727-7567 (cell)
Released by: /s/ Mayor Jessy C. Gogue