Of the ninety-three (93) inbound travelers who arrived in Palau on September 5, 2021, one tested positive for COVID-19 on day 5.
Additional tests including PCR GeneXpert and Abbot ID confirmed results. Per protocol, the traveler was immediately placed in isolation and contact tracing and investigation of close contacts has already been initiated by Palau Bureau of Public Health personnel.
All 93 travelers had tested negative on day 1.
The following actions should be taken to minimize the spread of COVID-19 in the community:
• Get vaccinated
o If you have not received your COVID-19 vaccine
o Get your second dose if you missed it
o Ask your doctor if you qualify for a third dose because you have a weakened
• Wash your hands frequently and properly
• Wear your mask as appropriate; dispose of masks properly
• Consider limiting large indoor gatherings and maintain physical distance (3-6 ft)
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
• Cover your coughs and sneezes, throw away used tissues properly
• Stay home and away from others if you are sick and call the Hospital for advice
If you have any questions or need further information, contact the MHHS EOC Incident
Commander Ms. Ritter Udui at 775-0084 or the MHHS EOC Deputy Incident Commander, Mr. Gaafar Uherbelau at 775-1310. For other COVID-19 related information, call the MHHS COVID-19 Hotline at 488-0555.