Guam – Majority Leader Senator Rory Respicio reports that on Day 4 of the current legislative session, 6 more bills were added to the voting file, including emergency Bill #470 which will allow for the transfer of funds in reserve to pay 2011 tax refunds.
READ Senator Respicio’s report in FULL below:
June 1, 2012 6:02 PM
For Immediate Release
6 Bills Moved to Voting File
(Hagåtña, Guam) – Majority Leader & Committee on Rules Chairman Senator Rory J. Respicio reports that during the fourth day of this week’s Session, Senators of the 31st Guam Legislature added one item to the agenda and addressed six bills, listed below. Session is now in recess and
will resume Monday, June 4, 2012 at 2:00 P.M. The public can tune in on MCV Channel 13 or GUdTV Channel 21.
1. Bill No. 175‐31 (COR) – As Substituted by the Committee on Appropriations, Taxation, Public Debt, Banking, Insurance, Retirement and Land. (D. G. Rodriguez, Jr.)
AN ACT TO REZONE LOT NO. 5231‐9‐1, IN THE MUNICIPALITY OF DEDEDO FROM AGRICULTURAL “A” ZONE TO COMMERCIAL “C” ZONE.
2. Bill No. 437‐31(COR) – As Substituted by the Committee on Health & Human Services, Economic Development, Senior Citizens, and Election Reform, referred back to Committee, and as Further Substituted by the Committee. (J. P. Guthertz, DPA, A. A. Yamashita, , Ph.D., R. J. Respicio, S. A. Mabini, A. B. Palacios, Sr., C. M. Duenas)
AN ACT TO AUTHORIZE LEASE FINANCING FOR THE REHABILITATION, CONSTRUCTION, EXPANSION AND RENOVATION OF PUBLIC SCHOOL FACILITIES.
3. Bill No. 458‐31 (COR) – By T. R Muña Barnes
AN ACT TO REPEAL AND RE‐ENACT SECTION 4 OF PUBLIC LAW 31‐209, RELATIVE TO THE TRANSFER OF PARCELS IN THE SAGAN LINAHYAN SUBDIVISION, DEDEDO, GUAM.
4. Bill No. 463‐31 (COR) ‐ By T. R Muña Barnes
AN ACT TO ADOPT THE GUAM HOUSING CORPORATION ADMINISTRATIVE RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR THE IMPLEMENTATION OF THE FIRST‐TIME HOMEOWNERS ASSISTANCE PROGRAM.
5. Bill No. 468‐31 (LS) – By Chris M. Dueñas, T. C. Ada, V. A. Ada, F. F. Blas, Jr., B. J.F. Cruz, J. P. Guthertz, DPA, S. Mabini, Ph.D., T. R. Muña Barnes, A. B. Palacios, Sr., R. J. Respicio, D. G. Rodriguez, Jr., A. A. Yamashita, Ph.D.
AN ACT TO AMEND SUBSECTION (r) OF § 40112 OF TITLE 5 OF THE GUAM CODE ANNOTATED; RELATIVE TO MAYORAL DUTIES WITH RESPECT TO ROUTED STREETS AND ROADWAYS.
*Bill added to Agenda and Moved to Voting File
6. Bill No. 470‐31 (LS) – By J.P. Guthertz, DPA, R.J. Respicio, T.C. Ada, D.G. Rodriquez, Jr. , B.J.F. Cruz, A.A. Yamashita, S.A. Mabini, V. Anthony Ada, T.R. Muna Barnes, A.B. Palacios, Sr. F.F. Blas, Jr., M. Silva Taijeron; Chris M. Duenas
AN ACT TO AMEND § 50103 OF CHAPTER 50 OF DIVISION 2, TITLE 11 GUAM CODE ANNOTATED RELATIVE TO THE INCOME TAX REFUND RESERVE FUND. *Bill added to Agenda and Moved to Voting File
Committee reports for the above mentioned items can be found on the Guam Legislature’s website at www.guamlegislature.com.
UNSWORN DECLARATION: ‘I hereby declare that the foregoing is true and correct to the best of my knowledge and belief, under penalty of
perjury of the laws of Guam, this declaration being sworn and made in lieu of an affidavit pursuant to Title 6 Guam Code Annotated §4308, at
the place and date identified herein.’
Rory J. Respicio