Guam – St. John’s School students were presented medals Friday for their achievements in the island-wide National History Day Competition.
This year, St. John’s School placed in every category entered.
Knights earned four out of six 1st Place medals, two out of six 2nd Place medals and one 3rd Place medal in the categories they entered.
Detailed results are as follows:
* 1st Place–Justine Kim and Catherine Chung, 8th Grade
* 3rd Place–Serena Frenay and Isabella Yu, 8th Grade
* Historical Paper: 1st Place–Jia Jia Zhang, 9th Grade
* Individual Documentary: 1st Place– Danielle Stephenson-Threatt, 9th Grade
* Group Documentary: 2nd Place–David Kook and Salena Vuong, 11th Grade
* Group Performance: 1st Place–Rocco Flores, Alu Concepcion, Aaron Lee, Fujin Shimoda, 9th Grade
* Website: 2nd Place–Enjhey Serrano and Jagger Stephens, 9th Grade
National History Day (NHD) is a highly regarded academic program for elementary and secondary school students.
This year’s NHD theme is “Turning Points in History: People, Ideas, Events” and featured over 75 entries with over 200 combined participants from middle and high schools on Guam. NHD on Guam is coordinated by the Guam Preservation Trust.
Winners of this year’s NHD competition will proceed on to represent Guam in the national competition.