Guam – The Guam Department of Public Works has released the following list of road construction projects that may cause traffic delays in the week ahead.
TRAFFIC ADVISORY: MONDAY January 27 – SUNDAY February 2
Route 1/ 8 (Hagåtña Bridges)
Motorists traveling through this area are advised to be aware of new lane configurations, lane shifts and detours: Marine Corps Drive between Route 4 and Route 8 is reduced to two lanes in each direction during daytime hours.
* North bound Marine Corps Drive between Route 4 and Route 8 and the southbound left turn lane will be reduced to one lane starting on Friday, January 24 at 8 p.m. and reopening on Sunday, January 26 at 6 p.m.
* North and south bound lanes on Route 4 at the Marine Corps Drive intersection will be reduced to one lane nightly between Monday, January 27 through Saturday, February 1 between the hours of 8 p.m. and 5 a.m.
* North and south bound lanes on Route 4 at the Marine Corps Drive intersection will reduced to one lane intermittently during daytime hours on Saturday, February 1 from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
* Chalan Santo Papa onto Route 8 is restricted to right turn only.
* The left turn lane into Chalan Santo Papa on westbound Route 8 will be shifted starting from Monday, January 27 from 8 p.m. until 6 p.m. on Saturday, February 1.
The eastbound inside lane on Route 8 at the Chalan Santo Papa intersection will be closed nightly between Monday, January 27 and Saturday, February 1 between 8 p.m. and 5 a.m.
The eastbound inside lane on Route 8 at the Chalan Santo Papa intersection will be closed on Saturday, February 1 from 8 a.m. through 6 p.m.
Motorists are advised to drive cautiously through construction zones and observe all posted speed limit and construction signs. Alternative routes and/or adjusting drive times when feasible are encouraged.
Route 4 Ylig Bridge (Yona)
Construction work at the Ylig Bridge continues this week with roadside works including guardrails, sedimentation basin and drainage system.
Lane closures and traffic detours may be required for the safety of motorists traveling in the area. The new bridge is now open with a posted sign of 15 MPH speed limit as the contractor completes the work. Motorists may expect intermittent traffic delays. Motorists should observe the posted speed limit and all construction signs.
Route 4, Agfayan Bridge Replacement (Inarajan)
The contractor is working at the Agfayan Bridge located south of the Inarajan pier (facing Bear Rock). Motorists should observe the posted speed limit and all construction signs and expect intermittent traffic delays during the day. Traffic control is installed and there is a one-lane closure at this time.