Unattended cigarette causes fire in Dededo structure

372

At 6:41 am, Guam Fire Department units were dispatched to a reported structure fire at 143 N. Granada St. in Liguan Terrace.

According to GFD spokesman Kevin Reilly, firefighters were able to quickly extinguish the blaze, which was confined to one bedroom of the semi-concrete house. However, there was smoke damage throughout the house.

The 2 occupants were able to exit the home safely.

After investigation and interviewing the occupant, the cause of the fire was determined to be an unattended, lit cigarette that ignited combustibles in the bedroom.

##