VIDEO: Mass Transit Bus Fire Believed to Be Electrical, Bus Operations Will Not Be Affected

540
burnt_bus

Guam – A fire that destroyed a mass transit bus in Malojojo Thursday was caused by electrical problems according to Guam Regional Transit Authority Acting Executive Manager Rudy Cabana.

During a phone call with PNC this morning Cabana said two passengers were on-board the bus when the fire started shortly after 4pm.

“The bus driver safely removed them,” Cabna told PNC.   

  

The driver also attempted to put the fire out with a fire extinguisher but was unable to. The Guam Fire Department was called to the scene at about 4:15 and responded quickly Cabana said.

While the bus is a total loss Cabana says overall bus operations will not be affected.  

[photo courtesy Isaac Ngirbabul]