From parking, to road closures, to security…
Guam – With FESTPAC drawing to a close, organizers are busy preparing for the closing ceremonies on Saturday.
Here’s what you should know before attending the FESTPAC closing ceremony:
At 1 pm, FESTPAC vendor huts open to the public. The closing ceremony is at 5 pm but doors open at 3 pm.
The Paseo peninsula will only be open to pedestrian traffic during the festival. Motorists are asked to drive with caution as they approach Hagåtña.
Saturday, June 4
From 9 a.m. to 11 p.m., Route 1 Marine Corps Drive will be closed from the intersection of Route 1 and Aspinall Avenue (in front of the Hagåtña Bay Marina) to the Route 1 and Route 8 intersection.
The Route 1 and Route 4 intersection will be closed off at the Bank of Guam intersection.
Parking will be available in the following areas:
· Hagåtña Swimming Pool
· The Department of Land Management lot (adjacent to the Julale Shopping Center parking lot)
· Government House overflow parking
· Tiyan Parkway (near the Cars Plus intersection)
A FestPac flag will identify the designated parking areas and shuttle stops.
Shuttle services will run between the festival grounds and the parking areas every 20 to 30 minutes.
ADA parking will be available in front of the Chamorro Village. ADA compliant vans will be available the day of the closing ceremony from each of the parking satellites to the festival grounds.
ADDITIONAL PARKING FOR THE CLOSING CEREMONY
On June 4, additional parking also will be available at the following areas for the closing ceremony:
· The Superior Court of Guam Parking Lot
· Academy of Our Lady of Guam Parking Lot
· Julale Shopping Center
· Fort Apugan
Safety is one of the highest priorities at the Festival of Pacific Arts. Every reasonable step is taken to ensure the safety of all of the artists, performers and spectators. We will once again be implementing several important security measures in conjunction with local and federal law enforcement agencies:
1. We encourage you to arrive early to avoid delays and help speed the entry of all participants.
2. Everyone will go through a screening process.
3. There will be a limit of one bag per person admitted onto the grounds.
4. All bags are subject to search.
5. There will be no bag storage on the grounds. Bags should not be left unattended.
WHAT NOT TO BRING:
· Hard coolers or like containers
· Sealed packages of any kind
· Aerosol cans or noisemaking devices
· Computers or laptops
· Animals (unless a service animal)
· Flags, banners or signs
· Any materials constituting unauthorized advertising or promotion
· Laser pointing devices
· Drones (UAS-Unmanned Aircraft Systems) or other model aircraft
· “Selfie” sticks or other telescopic devices
· Any other items deemed inappropriate or dangerous by FestPac personnel, in their sole discretion
FESTIVAL OF PACIFIC ARTS CODE OF CONDUCT
All participants are expected to comply with the following Guest Code of Conduct:
· Shirts and footwear are required to be worn at all times
· Do not wear any clothing or accessories with indecent, inappropriate, or offensive messaging or imagery
· Refrain from the use of foul, abusive, offensive or inappropriate language or gestures, and any inappropriate behavior that creates a disruptive atmosphere for other guests
· Do not enter the stage or performance area
· In areas where alcoholic beverages are allowed, please consume in a responsible and lawful manner
· Follow instructions from event staff regarding event operations or emergency procedures
· Umbrellas must be kept closed during production
· Refrain from smoking and vaping as this is a smoke-free environment
· Guests who do not adhere to the Code of Conduct will be subject to ejection.